Old 30-03-2007, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default sweet peas

On 29 Mar, 17:47, "Alan Jones" wrote:
Advice, please! I am about to buy sweet pea plants. There seem to be about
five little plants in each pot. Should I plant the whole contents of each
pot "as is", or separate out the five little plants and put them in
individually? I have seen advice in Amateur Gardening to separate them, but
some seed packets advise treating each pot of seedlings as a unit. What
works best?

I do 6/8 per pot, 3 pots and do 15 individual in carboard loo rolls.
That way I have 3 wigwam (2 lotty and 1 home), 3 centre piece and 5
individuals for the poles. Also I do more individuals in loo rolls
because my youngest likes doing them and we offer them to friends or
we do a bit of 'guerilla gardening' and dot them about in the streets.
I do sun flowers in them too and leeks because they get a good root
lenghth and I can just push them out of the bog roll without too much
disturbances. But most of all I recycle )