Old 30-03-2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Johnny Johnny is offline

Default Garden soil prices escalate

On Mar 30, 9:05 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:00:00 -0600, sherwindu
wrote:

We ought to go back to using trains!

Sherwin D.

betsyb wrote:

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

"WOO HOO what a ride!"

BetsyB

"Harold" wrote in message
egroups.com...
Garden soil prices escalate.

I have just returned from shopping for bagged garden soil for my
raised garden and found since last season, that not only have they
increased the price by 60 percent but they have reduced the size of
the bags by twenty five percent. The soil is made of ground-up
materials from old buildings that are torn down and allowed to
compost, lead based paints and all. The processors call the product
"black gold." I wonder if the inflation gurus take into consideration
the reduction of the sizes of goods on top of the increased price when
establishing the inflation rate?
Harold
www.raised-garden-bed.com

I am retired Teamster and know that rising gas/fuel prices control the
prices of everything we buy. Most are truck delivered.

Betsy

We do use trains. We deliver American cars made in Mexico or Canada.
Big, honkin gas guzzlers. My Expedition is now ten years old. There
is 67,000 original miles on it. I barely drive it, but it's all I
have. I could try to sell it, but what car on the market truly gets
good gas mileage? A Mini Cooper?

The reference was to freight costs, not car mileage. Shipping things by
truck has gotten a LOT more expensive over the past couple of years. The
less "things" on each truck, the more expensive each "thing" becomes.

So what's your point?