Old 30-03-2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Will herbs grow in 4" of soil?

Jangchub wrote in
:

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:46:59 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

Are all thymes small or is there a miniature version? I seem to
remember something with teeny little leaves from a long-ago garden...

Wooly Thyme is the smallest, but they are all low growers. There are
many varieties of Thyme so that is a possibility.

That's not a bad idea but is that safe to use on stuff you might eat?
Gray water is SUCH a lousy name. Ugh.

You may want to start washing dishes with an eco-friendly dish soap.
They sell it in health food stores and some large chain groceries.

I was thinking I could put a barrel under a downspout but the only
available one is front and center of the yard. I'm going to have to
find a pretty nice looking barrel to pull that off.

They sell rainbarrels for this purpose. This little garden you want
will cost a fortune! LOL.

No it won't 'cause I don't have one! (I own horses!

If push comes to shove, I'll find a plastic drum and paint it up pretty
or plant a huge bunck of flowers on the street side of it so it might
blend in.