Old 30-03-2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~ ~Roy~ is offline

Default RPM and its "bias"

No, there isn't. Its much easier to secretly ignore and reject a post
from someone they dislike or do not want to hear from. What happened
to my on topic posts 2 or three of them IIRC that never got a reject
notice or posted..Pure and simple pejudiced mods, and the board does
ban in a round about way ........Derek needs to resign and you al know
it Galen. Derek is what has created this tiff on the group and the
newest crap fest...plain and simple......and it ony shows that the
rest of the mods are not squeaky clean either as they failto take any
action on any issues or even a simple issue in a timely manner......

Bias and ban is what rpm is all about! Not hard to see it.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:57:43 -0400, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:25:16 GMT, Feyd Rautha wrote:

Maybe you missed the Part, when we knew that human factor and prejudices
of moderation would play a part in the moderation team. Also these kinks
were supposed to be iron out before you guys went online.

I could make excuses, but in the end all that is really important is
that they weren't all ironed out. I don't know that personal feelings
can ever truly be divorced from any decision, but that is more of a
philosophical discussion. It would be nice if moderation software
existed that could take all human intervention out, but it doesn't
exist. We do the best we can.

Galen, why did you guys created RPM? Be honest now.

I can only really speak for me, I got into it so that there might be
someplace to talk about ponds without all the other stuff. I've been
around USENET long enough to know that nym and reply-to type changes
are trivial. My own IP address has changed at least six times over
the past four months with no input from me whatsoever. You know it
isn't possible to ban someone, I know it isn't possible to ban
someone, any coding or attempt to do so is too easily defeated.

-------