Old 27-03-2003, 08:56 PM
ROMERO

Default Dead pond....

In article ,
(Mosfunland) wrote:

Well I thought it was dead, and it is indeed DOT (dead on thaw)....I battled
the ice all winter, it won, despite a bubbler, one of those 100 watt

things and
another defroster thing.....the ice was too thick I suppose. I drilled holes
till my shoulders hurt. I scooped out the dead things I could find, others
must be down in the muck.

Anyway, the water is brackish, I was thinking of siphoning the water into a
pool, to clean out the bottom of the pit.....should I reuse any of this water,
or let the pump run for a couple weeks to clean it up? It's a hard thing to
look at, breaks my heart, but I want to get it fixed. My sister said she
would donate some of her fish (from my fish originally), but that is the least
of my problems.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Maureen in Phila

I had the same problem, I had all my Kois died, 21 of them. I have them
for 7 years.
I livee in Illinois and we had an awful winter, the ice on the pond was
very thick.
I never had this problem before. also the water just turn very green, any
idea???.
May be I should empty the whole pond. By the way the pond is about 3.5
feet deep.
Thank you.
Cesar