Old 30-03-2007, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Ipomoea seed

On 30/3/07 14:41, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| I know you said "no catalogues" but I assume you have tried Secret Seeds
| somewhere near Tiverton, Devon?
| They have Ipomoea purpurea, I. purpurea 'Milky Way', plus some others
you're
| not looking for.
| http://www.secretseeds.com/acatalog/I.html

Thanks. I hadn't, but I am not very convinced that they have it right.
For example, "Milky Way" is classified as I. tricolor, I. purpurea and
I. nil by different catalogues. I grew some purportedly I. purpurea
seeds last year, and don't think that they were. I believe that most
catalogues assign species names at random to this group of morning
glories, which is justifiable because most botanists don't do much
better!

Also, for other reasons, that is the one that least interests me :-(

Can't help otherwise, I'm afraid because we have only I. learii and the
annual one.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk