Old 27-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Peter H

Default Female dog bare spots/lawn

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
news:mRFga.230138$F1.15671@sccrnsc04...
"Sue" wrote in message
Hello the lawn.garden group,

For some reason (introduction of wet food into the diet? age?), where

she
urinates now? A dead area of non-grass appears. Now that Spring has

sprung
here, and the grass is greening up, it more than obvious that I have

major
problems.

Ditto here.

We have a male dog but he was "fixed" at 7 weeks and therefore doesn't

lift
his leg.

In the summer, we follow him out to go, and dump a small bucket of water

on
the spot. That's enough to keep the grass from killing.

In the winter, I had figured that the snow would be enough to dilute the
stuff, but, like you, our yard is starting to wake up with many, many

"brown
spots". The lawn isn't green enough to see how bad our problem is yet,

but
if all the "browner" areas are indeed dead, I have a major issue at hand.

Anyone have any magic solution, short of scraping and reseeding each of
these spots? Will the areas eventually "fix themselves" or does normal
mowing prevent this from happening?

-Tim

The dead patches will eventually fill in, but not before they cause more
problems. The urine will dissipate over time and then the grass will 'take
off' in the dead patches. Sooooo you will go from dead patches to green
patches that grow like crazy. Eventually everything will sort itself out.

Peter H