Old 30-03-2007, 09:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mich... Mich... is offline

Default recommendations for lawn sweeper

"Mich..." wrote in message
news
thinking one at Sears tow behind for my 38" Toro
one question 8 to 1 ratio on the sweep, will the gear reduction = more
sliding of the wheels say on a moist lawn ?
(lots of pines on 1.8 acres)

thanks
Mich...

All right here's what I bought, Sears High Speed 42" lawn sweeper holds,
18 bushels
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BV Cookie=Yes

I did 14 piles knee deep each , I'm 5'7" so my knees are ?
in about 2.5 hrs, the hardest thing (after putting it together) was getting
the height right (if it is to low the wheels lockup allot!
I found with my 38" Toro the adjustment is about half way for the height and
third gear is the most effective.
The sweeper does not like mud and the mower also got stuck (about 5 inches
deep)
The sweeper will pickup allot of stuff, including but not limited to, pine
cones good sized sticks,
moss, snakes, frogs, toads, driveway gravel, small dogs, good sized cats,
and of course grass, & leaves.

Oh and if you look at the video you will notice the guy pulling the rope to
dump it, don't bother.
Of course I was filling it like real full and I could only pull it with two
hands so I just put the mower
in park and dumped it grabbing the top and bottom.(and the leaves were a
little wet)

Better than raking !!!

Mich...