Old 30-03-2007, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Ipomoea seed

On 30 Mar 2007 13:12:17 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

I have drawn a complete blank on obtaining any seed of the species
I am looking for, and should appreciate any pointers. Please DON'T
bother to point me at seed catalogues that use the names, as these
species are misclassified even in herbarium catalogues :-( I am
looking for things that have at least a HOPE of being the right
ones! They a

I. hederacea, I.nil, I. purpurea and I. pes-tigridis.

I. indica (a.k.a. learii, a.k.a. acuminata); it is self-sterile
but I believe that viable seed can be produced by crossing two
geographic varieties.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I suggest you contact your local botanical gardens. They are pretty
clear on identification. You can't tell me the taxonomy is so
involved in this species that botanists won't know the clear nature of
these seeds.