Old 30-03-2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
humBill humBill is offline

Default Broken record water lily question

On Mar 29, 7:15 pm, Derek Broughton wrote:
humBill wrote:
They should be butted against the pot, at kinda sorta 30 degrees or so,

Please don't top-post, it makes having a conversation difficult.

Personally I don't agree, but I will not repost again on this OT
subject. I find it a bit more trouble to have to scroll through
previous parts of the thread. Apparently google does to as they used
to offer the option to not repost the previous message at all. Now
they seem to condense to only the last message or two. I am trying to
be minimally humorous and not smart alec but why do emails top post
and news bottom post? Do emailers have a longer rate of retention??
All that being said I do recall NetMax once mentioning back in
rec.freshwater.. that bottom posting was the norm in ng's so I WILL
try to remember to bottom post or what I most often prefer to do is, I
guess you would call, middle post - answering within the previous post
if there is more than one item I am referring to.

Especially having taken on the responsibility as a moderator, I know
you are just trying to be helpful - so as I say I will try not to
forget.
Thanks
Bill Brister