Old 31-03-2007, 02:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default bucket filter really worked

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:19:51 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

polyester batting will most definitely take out algae.

I agree, so will open cell foam. The reason a filter appears not to remove
it, is that on a nice sunny day, the algae can reproduce faster than most
filters can remove it.

My example is when I used garden soil in two pots that my son had added
steer manure to just the week before. Such bright green water you had to
wear shades, but come nightfall the filter would clear it up. Sun up,
bright green again. The pots came out, some big water changes, and no more
algae creation. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State