Old 31-03-2007, 07:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Peach Trees

It is possible that the peach tree root system has put out new growth away from
the
original tree. My question would be is the original peach tree a grafted one,
or not.
If it is not grafted, it might be a viable way to propagate the original tree.
If the original peach tree was grafted onto some rootstock, you will not get
back the same
peach variety you started with.

Sherwin D.

Goldlexus wrote:

We have/had a peach tree that stopped blooming and leafing. We assumed it
was dead.
We didn't cut it down but have used it to hang a bird feeder on. Anyway I
was out in the
garden today and noticed a tree like growth, meaning it is twig like but
bigger than twigs
but smaller than a tree, a couple of feet away from the old peach tree with
blooms and leafing. That twig/tree like
growth has NEVER been there before! Do peach trees send out feeders? (I
think that is
what it is called). I can post a picture if needed. It is getting dark right
now so it will have to be
tomorrow. Until than anyone have any ideas what or if it could be a 'baby'
peach tree?