Old 31-03-2007, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family Manelli Family is offline

Default Systemic pest killers

wrote in message
g...
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:50:38 -0500 in Manelli
Family wrote:

"Wendy7" wrote in message

It took me 9 days to do the entire g/h & then I have to
start spraying again to complete the Enstar/Mavrik regimen.
I have tried everything in the past, tag plants with date etc, isolate &
clean down to bear bones & still the bugs returen!!!

Has anyone ever tried "fumigation?" I remember an old couple back home
who
would close their greenhouse to fumigate for all kinds of pests. I have
no
idea what they used. Would that not work for mealies?

Nicotine smoke bombs perhaps?

I really don't know. I do remember them having a hell of a time with white
fly. They would keep the greenhouse closed for 24 hours, then air it for 24
hours, then open for business.