Old 31-03-2007, 03:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default Microbe Lift - HumBill & G.

"humBill" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is hear say since I do not use these products, but I have heard a
number of times about using Rid X the septic cleaner, particularly if
you have a bunch of material on the bottom. The goal there being to
not release possibly sulfide bubbles to zap your fish.
Bill

==================================
Do you know if RidX is safe for fish and pond life? I notice in some of my
outdoor tanks (720g) and the inground ponds that there is a mulm on the
bottom. It's most likely composed of whatever falls through the nets plus
fish waste. They all get the same care. The 800g inground pond is the
worst of the bunch. It not only has a thick wooly growth of algie all over
evertyhing but the bottom collects a form of algae they can't be netted out.
It disintergrates when I try to net it. It also clogs the filter material
in days. I'd like to find some way to get rid of this "stuff" if I can.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.