Old 31-03-2007, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews Gill Matthews is offline

Default Rased vegetable beds

In article m, says...
I want to put two raised vegetable beds in my garden. One will be
1.80m X .70cm and the smaller will be 1.1m X 60cm.
I would be grateful for any ideas from this NG as to the best materials to
use, and any tips. Thanks.

used scaffolding planks are good value and well strong enough if you can get them
(try hire places and scaffolders they obviously get rid of them well before they
think they will break)

Put the angle iron or wooden spikes on the outside not the inside. it doesn't look
as good but is mechnically superior ( did it the wrong way on some of mine so I
know :-( )

Gill