Old 31-03-2007, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Merryterry2000 Merryterry2000 is offline

Default Are Vine Weevil Beetles killed by systemic insecticide ??

On 31 Mar, 07:39, luke58 wrote:
Just a simple question.

Are Vine Weevil Beetles killed by systemic insecticide ??

If so what type ??

As I seem to remember (years ago) having weevils all over my newly
planted apple trees. Literally stripping the leaves to bare skeletons.

I know that they were probably not the same type of weevil. But I
manged to control them with systemic insecticide. Now that the trees
are bigger I have no problems with them.

What type? Do you mean what type of Vine Weevil or Systemic
Insecticide? I grow a lot of fuschias and have had problems on and off
for many years. I find that 'Provado' Vine Weevil killer does the
trick and this is a systemic and contact. They creep back gradually
back another dose does the trick for a couple of years..