Old 31-03-2007, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Col Col is offline

Default Fuschias

I have a number of fuschias in a sheltered location, south facing,
next to the back door that have not died down properly and
are now sprouting leaves from last years' branches.
I am located at moderate altitude in NW England and usually
my fushias just die back in the winter and I cut the dead branches
in the spring.
My gut instinct is to cut them back anyway to promote vigarous
new growth and prevent them going leggy but I would like some advice!

Col