Old 31-03-2007, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lettuce Pray Lettuce Pray is offline

Default seed potatoes

Beechgrove Garden, at bbc scotland program found chitting only to give
a slight advantage to earlies, if my memory serves me right.
roy

I used to farm and I let fields to commercial potato growers. I still
live on the farm and see potatoes growing strongly in fields 2/3 years
after that field was cropped. Conclusion: they are weeds. Chuck them
in the ground and they will grow and give you a good yield. Don't
worry about chitting etc.
Johnny