Old 31-03-2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Goldlexus Goldlexus is offline

Default Peach Trees

Below are a few links to pictures of the 'tree'. They aren't that good but
hopefully you can figure out
what it is. The blooms are towards the top mostly but it has leaf buds all
over.
We have lived here for 4 years, the tree was already here. When we moved in
the old peach tree only had leaves at the top and nothing towards the
bottom. It didn't have any fruit. We cut the top off cause it arched way
over to the neighbors yard. It never bloomed or leafed since. Now we find
this blooming/leafing tree like plant next to the old peach tree! Go figure.
If is is not a runner from the peach tree what the heck is it?
RUNNER is the word I was thinking of when I said 'feeder', glad you give me
the proper term...Thanks!
Anyway, here are the links:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...hTree2007c.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...hTree2007b.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...hTree2007a.jpg

I am really interested in hearing what you all think.

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 02:05:51 GMT, "Goldlexus"
wrote:

We have/had a peach tree that stopped blooming and leafing. We assumed it
was dead.
We didn't cut it down but have used it to hang a bird feeder on. Anyway I
was out in the
garden today and noticed a tree like growth, meaning it is twig like but
bigger than twigs
but smaller than a tree, a couple of feet away from the old peach tree
with
blooms and leafing. That twig/tree like
growth has NEVER been there before! Do peach trees send out feeders? (I
think that is
what it is called). I can post a picture if needed. It is getting dark
right
now so it will have to be
tomorrow. Until than anyone have any ideas what or if it could be a 'baby'
peach tree?

Photos are always good to see, but peach trees are not spread by
runners. I have them coming up all over, but from the peach pit which
contains a seed. Most fruit trees are grafted onto different root
stock, so a tree from seed may not produce, but you are saying it has
flowers. Post a photo.