Old 31-03-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default FLORIDA CARPENTER ANT problem on outside of house

Jazz wrote:

Ive heard of Terro and people seem to have good luck with it, but my
issue is outside and pretty much on the top half of my house.. tried
amdro... and ive literally seen the red ants pick it up, move it a
foot or so away from the mount, and come back to move another... it is
like they got the memo that it is poison.

thanks SO MUCH in advance!
Jazz Mann

For the most part Carp Ants are hard to control with baits such as Terro
or other boric acid gels, though some claim to have success. There are 2
professional products you can find over the web or at a "do-it-yourself"
type pest control stores.
One is Advance Carp Ant Granules I have used these on a number of
occasions to see if they worked and they did stop activity of ants where
I had no idea where the nest actually was.

The other product is Maxforce Gel Carp Ant Bait. I have not used this
myself but all the exterminators that i know ho have used it claim the
same results with the Advance granules.

Another possibility on your ants may be Acrobat Ants, which do seem to
feed on the Terro, but they also readily eat the Advance product too.
Lar