Old 31-03-2007, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Fuschias

On Mar 31, 8:48 pm, "Baal" wrote:
Judith,

I have found that most cuttings take easily. I have a half-hardy Nicola
Jane (my daughter's name) that I just hide next to a bush over winter and it
appears dead each Spring but when cut back grows bugger and better each
year. It was 4 foot in diameter last year.

We managed to obtain a Sheila Mary (after my late mother-in-law) but it is a
very delicate plant and very hard to propagate. Any special tricks?

I wintered it indoors but it looks pretty dead at the mo - hate to tell my
wife.

--

Baal

I don't know your variety m'dear. I have a few tender fuschia and I
put those in J.I. 1 in a 4 inch circular pot, several to a pot, and
then put a clear plastic sandwich bag over the top, secured with an
elastic band.

I'm sure that there are a few here who will know Shiela Mary and will
be able to advise you better than I.

HTH Judith