Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Are Vine Weevil Beetles killed by systemic insecticide ??

"luke58" wrote in message
Just a simple question.

Are Vine Weevil Beetles killed by systemic insecticide ??

If so what type ??

As I seem to remember (years ago) having weevils all over my newly
planted apple trees. Literally stripping the leaves to bare skeletons.

I know that they were probably not the same type of weevil. But I
manged to control them with systemic insecticide. Now that the trees
are bigger I have no problems with them.

Most insecticides will kill them, but only as a contact killer and they
hide! so the more effective control is to kill the grub stage,
Intercept/Pravado is good at both.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk