Old 01-04-2007, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Upside-down Tomato Gardens

Upside-down tomatoes will work, but the only person I know that has tried
them was disappointed. She may not have done it correctly, or watered it
correctly, or whatever. When she plants them the traditional way she always
picked a lot more tomatoes. I think it is a new idea that people like to
try because it is different. Try it and report back.

Dwayne (in Kansas)

"MikeCT" wrote in message
news
Whilst attending to my G-Mail yesterday (31/03/07), I noticed an ad from
Amazon.com regarding Upside-down Tomato Gardens. Wondering if I was
looking at an April fool ad from Amazon, a day early, I had a look at the
Upside-down Tomato Garden website. It seems that growing tomatoes
upside-down in special containers, only available in America, gives you
more tomatoes per plant than you would hope to get growing them upright.
I've grown tumbler tomatoes in hanging baskets with some success, but
would never had thought of growing the whole plant upside-down.

MikeCT