Old 01-04-2007, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Mulching plate

Having read recent threads about mulching mower I was inspired to get down
and make a replacement for the missing mulching plate for my Hayter. I
bought this machine secondhand mid season before last and one pies missing
was the mulching plate. Well after an hour in the workshop using a piece of
aluminium sheet unearthed in the garden this was the result,
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10032?sort=5 the
white bit. The black section on the ground is the chute that otherwise sends
the cutting up to the grassbox. I have used it already for first cut of the
season and am very pleased with the results.

Mike