Old 02-04-2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Dormant rose in package

On 1 Apr 2007 08:55:32 -0700, "MizzGail" wrote:

We bought some dormant rose bushes from a store that are in a plastic
package.
They had some leaves on them when we purchased them. Should they be
kept watered?
It will be another two months before we can plant them.

They should not be selling them so early. But being the case, you
will need to pot them up. Get a few five gallon containers or even
three gallon will work. Make a pyramid shape with the soil in the
container and splay the roots of the rose around it, then fill it in
with more potting mix. Just make sure the soil is touching all the
roots. Where do you live? Roses are pretty sturdy, you may be able
to plant them now.