Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 PM posted to austin.gardening
[email protected] diana512@gmail.com is offline

Default Bamboo

On Apr 1, 2:38 pm, WoolyGooly wrote:
On 1 Apr 2007 12:10:56 -0700, "

wrote:
Hi I'm new to this group. We have over a acre of land and I'd like to
plant bamboo along a fence line. Does anyone have bamboo they don't
want or know of a place I can buy it. Any other ideas for screening a
fence line will be appreciated. Thanks Diana

Anything but bamboo, really. The stuff is highly invasive and your
neighbors will hate you. In a couple of years when the stuff is
coming up in places you don't want it you'll be tempted to slit your
own throat...

Hit a good nursery and ask for recommendations. The "new" Home Depot
at Mopac/Braker has at least one actual landscaper/gardener working
the garden area.

The place where I want to cover is a fence facing a road. I don't have
close any neighbors. The closest ones ones are 2 acres away. Something
invasive doesn't matter :-) I've done a little homework about bamboo.
And know about planting it in a trench that been lined with plastic
and filled with dirt.