Old 01-04-2007, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Upside-down Tomato Gardens

On 1/4/07 23:50, in article ,
"Gregoire Kretz" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

snip
I hope you will try and will let us all know because it sounds
interesting.

Absolutely. For once gravity and the weight of the tomatoes will pull
the stems in the same direction.
Maybe there will be consequences as to how much sunshine each tomato
receives, too.

The mind boggles but also remembers the date on which these tomatoes will be
sown.

I must be getting (I know I am) but I do have a touch of
scepticism about this. I'm waiting for someone to suggest we grow potatoes
(not Solanum crispum for the smarty pants!) up a trellis. ;-)

Well, they do grow those gardens vertically now...

Of course they do.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk