Old 01-04-2007, 09:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default bucket filter really worked

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 13:12:54 CST, "G Pearce"
wrote:

My bro-in-law used a similar product in his pond and maybe he still does -
it was formulated for sewage lagoons and had enzymes in it that were related
to cancer causing ingredients (for lack of a better word) - it had big ,
bold print "do not use in bodies of water containing fish or coming into
human contact" . When he used it, it turned his pond a rusty red colour that
lasted a few days and stripped ALL the algae from his pond - nothing but
rock and bare liner was left after a week or so and no mulm either. He paid
$45 for a 5 liter jug and used 2 cups in 2000 gal pond . I don't think I'd
use the stuff, seemed a little scary what it could do so fast.
Gale :~)

Didn't that miss up his biological filter?

When they sprayed Roundup too close to the D.pond last year, they killed
all the fuzz algae, and we had a nice algae bloom for a week. The pond
committee was not happy, but we used it as a learning/training experience.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State