Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default What did you get done this weekend?

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:07:02 CST, "kthirtya" wrote:

So ~ what did you get done with the
pond this weekend??

Yesterday we opened the MG Demo pond and started the filter. Water looked
better than last year.

Then today was the koi club meeting in the vicinity of the D.pond above. So
I went out to check and am happy to say water was clear to the bottom. Fish
look good, hope some thief doesn't also think so. :-( Maybe we need to get
some ugly koi, so they'll be less likely to get snatched and I'll finally
have fish that are big enough to do some pond cleaning (moving the mulm to
the bottom drain). Not that I really want to clean the pre-filter any more
often then I do (every 4 weeks).

As for the home ponds, just looking at them lately. Noting how much frog
spawn I have, and that I still have 1 baby goldfish in there to net out. So
far it doesn't appear to have found the eggs.

Hoping to divide at least one lily tomorrow, and check the others and feed
them at the same time. Really hoping I don't have to divide very many of
them this year. Must make this spring break productive. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State