Old 02-04-2007, 06:09 AM posted to rec.birds,uk.rec.gardening
Pongo Potts Pongo Potts is offline

Default who took a dead starling?

"JWBH" wrote in message
Today I saw a starling drop out of a tree, and it appeared quite dead on
the ground. I came back about an hour later to pick up the corpse and it
had disappeared.

what might have happened? foxes roam about there, plus cats and also we
also have a lot of magpies around. but would they be interested in taking
an already dead bird?

One in a million sighting.

you said it had just died, so yes a cat would take it.

don't forget a road kill pheasant is still ok to pick up later.