Old 02-04-2007, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default Collared Doves

For the second morning running, I looked out of my conservatory window only
to see a pile of feathers around the bird table. Our resident sparrowhawk
has once again collared one of my doves for breakfast. Easy pickings, two
down, three to go. My only worry is that once she has taken all my doves,
she'll start on the two bluetits now building a nest in a box at the bottom
of the garden. I only see the female hawk who is quite fearless and patrols
the estate gardens on a daily basis picking off the house sparrows, her
favourite diet.

MikeCT