Old 02-04-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default RPM So Galen is the fall guy for RPM's blunders

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:35:41 -0600, ~Roy~
wrote:

So what your saying is this pleading of being stupid when it comes to
moderating a group is your "out" to block or ban those you do not
agree with or care about. Using such an excuse is even more dispicable
than admitting that you all knowingly ban folks Galen, plain and
simple...Derek has taught you all very well......

Got to put the brakes on you there. I've been writing code for some
time, and while I'm retired now, there isn't much different about
newsgroup headers since then. Changing nyms and addresses and whatnot
is as trivial then as it is now. Virtually everything that appears in
newsgroup headers can be forged or faked. It is not stupid to say
that it is impossible to ban people using the information in newsgroup
headers, it is just reality. I *am* incredibly stupid about some
(most) things, this is just not one of them. I'm sure that Derek
could teach me many things, but I already know this myself.

--
Galen Hekhuis
"Mistakes were made"