Old 02-04-2007, 06:03 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Bamboo

In article ,
dt wrote:

wrote:

On Apr 1, 2:38 pm, WoolyGooly wrote:

On 1 Apr 2007 12:10:56 -0700, "

wrote:

Hi I'm new to this group. We have over a acre of land and I'd like to
plant bamboo along a fence line. Does anyone have bamboo they don't
want or know of a place I can buy it. Any other ideas for screening a
fence line will be appreciated. Thanks Diana

Anything but bamboo, really. The stuff is highly invasive and your
neighbors will hate you. In a couple of years when the stuff is
coming up in places you don't want it you'll be tempted to slit your
own throat...

Hit a good nursery and ask for recommendations. The "new" Home Depot
at Mopac/Braker has at least one actual landscaper/gardener working
the garden area.

The place where I want to cover is a fence facing a road. I don't have
close any neighbors. The closest ones ones are 2 acres away. Something
invasive doesn't matter :-) I've done a little homework about bamboo.
And know about planting it in a trench that been lined with plastic
and filled with dirt.

Good luck. My girlfriend's house had bamboo supposedly contained by
roofing tin, planted 2' straight down. It came under the tin. We
started trying to get rid of it about twelve years ago; the job's not
finished yet.

DT

Not even with Round Up? :-)

I've heard it has a guarantee...