Old 27-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Phisherman

Default crab grass and milky spore

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:30:20 GMT, "thoranw" wrote:

We've put milky spore down for several years and our grub problem is much
better. However, the crab grass is everywhere- and I mean everywhere- lawn
and flower beds.

Is there a way to get rid of the crab grass without killing the milky spore?
I know we need to do it soon as the yard is greening up-
Zone 6/7 North of Boston near the coast.

The milky spore would be most affected by not having enough grubs to
feed on. The traditonal method is to apply a pre-emergence altough it
may be too late depending on your region. There's a new crab grass
killer that is not supposed to harm lawn grass, and that makes me
wonder how the thing works. When I see crab grass, I pull it out.
It usually grows where the grass is sunny and sparse. Overseeding in
the fall and mowing high makes crabgrass difficult to grow.