Old 02-04-2007, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Absence of neighbour: cutting of hedge?

"sam" wrote in message
Rhiannon Macfie Miller wrote:
At the bottom of my garden (the south end) is a Leylandii-type hedge.

Finally, today, I went round to the house to ask permission to reduce
the height of the hedge.

So, my question is: do I quickly
get the hedge cut before someone moves in, or should I wait an
unspecified amount of time in the hope that the new neighbour will be
amenable to a lower chop or complete removal of the hedge?

Rhiannon

The new owner bought the property with the hedge as it is.
Not a very neighbourly start to cut his hedge down before
he takes up residence.
Maybe he intended to cut it down in any case so there is no
harm in waiting until he's there then asking.

Unless he turns out to be worse than the previous owner. I would cut it to
the ground now.

Steve