Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.birds,uk.rec.gardening
bthache bthache is offline

Default who took a dead starling?

Don't rule out ravens or crows. Both will eat carrion and will fly away
with it.
--
Tammie
In Ontario, Canada, North of Lake Superior

"JWBH" wrote in message
Today I saw a starling drop out of a tree, and it appeared quite dead on
the ground. I came back about an hour later to pick up the corpse and it
had disappeared.

what might have happened? foxes roam about there, plus cats and also we
also have a lot of magpies around. but would they be interested in taking
an already dead bird?