Old 03-04-2007, 02:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Great to have this board up!

Jim, what do you mean about formally subscribing?

Hi Joe,

WELCOME! We all love having a friendly board without the conflictual
posting. I share Jan's sense of an homey-ness about it. And some
knowledgeable people.

When I mentioned subscribing, I was of the mistaken opinion that the
'subscribers' count on Google reflected all newsgroup subscriptions,
instead of just those through Google. On my Bellsouth address, we can
'subscribe' to news groups. I get rpm through the Google interface.
So...when I saw lots of posters and few 'subscriptions' I thought
others might be posting but not 'subscribing' on their own provider...
I was wrong. Enjoy the group. We will have to assess our number of
participants by posts rather than by subscribers, unless someone wants
to make a tally of posters. Doesn't really matter, however, as we are
not in a contest or a conflict. We are simply a group of friends.

I am glad you are here.

Jim