Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Ducks

Galen Hekhuis wrote:

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:39:00 CST, "Sheldon" wrote:

I saw a couple ducks in my little pond this morning. Do they eat fish?
It seemed like they were just eating the algae.

Ducks are pretty much vegetarian, they won't eat your fish.

It depends on the type of ducks, I think (though all of the fish-eating
waterfowl I could actually identify are not ducks). Most of what you'll
see on a pond though won't eat fish (except maybe small fry), but they'll
really load up the fertilizer content of your pond. Expect oxygen
shortages and green water if they stay long!
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated