Old 03-04-2007, 07:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Stephen Henning Stephen Henning is offline

Default How do I fertilize lilies growing on cement?

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote:

How did they do when they were on the loose? Lots of blooms to go
with the leaves?

They had fewer blooms when the tuber ran all over the pond than when I
just had 12 pots. I didn't fertilize the pots and I still got blooms.
This year will be the first time I fertilized since I just found the
once per year spikes.

I will be very interested in how they do with your fertilizer!

I am interested also. The spikes came in the mail yesterday, but I am
waiting until the pond warms up a little before I put the spikes in.
Our last killing frost date is May 15.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6