Old 04-04-2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Altum[_3_] Altum[_3_] is offline

Default How do I fertilize lilies growing on cement?

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Our lilies have jumped the pots and as THRIVING on the pond floor. In
fact, they do better there than in the pots. But they are not
flowering a whole lot. Any ideas about fertilizing them? Or
otherwise makeing them bloom?

I run my tiny pond much like an aquarium. I fertilize the water with
the same mix of bulk potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate, potassium
sulfate, and hydroponic trace element/iron fertilizer that I use in the
indoor tanks. Phosphate in the water column makes the WH and canna
lilies bloom like crazy. I don't see why it wouldn't do the same for a
bare-root lily.

--Altum

--
My other fish and pond forum is: