Old 04-04-2007, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Roses and Garlic

On Apr 3, 4:44 pm, Persephone wrote:
I've heard repeatedly that planting garlic between rose bushes
helps keep off pests.

Any experience out there? Would like some real-world input before I
launch my garlic-between-roses campaign.

Persephone

I tried this with garlic chives rather than garlic. It did keep the
aphids
away from the roses: they were attracted to the garlic chives instead!
They were _covered_ with aphids!
I decided that I would just leave the aphids on the roses and let the
hummingbirds/ladybugs/soldier beetles take care of them. And they do.

Emilie
Nor Cal