Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Water supply pipe, diameter and flow drop?

"Keith Kent" wrote in message
news

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
I want to run a water supply from the house 3/4 inch riser to a piece of
additional land we have bought, a distance of some 100 or so metres. I
don't want a big flow drop, what sort of diameter pipe should I use
(thinking alkathene type pipe here), and where is the cheapest place to
order from, with some fittings? Thanks.
--
Best Regards,
Chris

You want to use 25mm MDPE ,screwfix are cheaper than a plumbers merchants

use!

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...art_index= 10

Cheers Keith

I used 32mm for similar purpose, no loss of flow over 100M and much better
than the previous 15mm copper! didn't know about screwfix! got it from LBS
www.lbs-group.co.uk

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk