Old 04-04-2007, 01:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.bonsai,rec.food.preserving,rec.food.baking,alt.support.diet.low-carb
limey limey is offline

Default Festschrift for Bob Pastorio

Omelet wrote:

I have a very special post stored from him that I'd like to
contribute... It was written when we were discussing forcing children
to eat food:

From Bob Pastorio:

It is singularly amazing how people can forget what it was like to be
dealt with as though they had no brains and their likes and dislikes
were irrelevant in an essentially trivial situation. I grew up in the
house where I had to sit at the table until the food was gone.

saved

All threats do is make the kids hide and lie to avoid punishment.
That's an lose-lose situation. Leave the kids alone. Help them grow
into kind, thoughtful people and keep the belts for their real
purpose. Remember what it felt like to be pushed around over trifles
just because your parents could. Remember what it felt like not to be
able to have opinions.

Pastorio

And, right there in that post, is the heart of Bob Pastorio.
Thank you, Om, for posting.

Dora