Old 04-04-2007, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Absence of neighbour: cutting of hedge?

On 3/4/07 18:19, in article , "Rhiannon
Macfie Miller" wrote:

Mike Lyle wrote:
p.k. wrote:
Rhiannon Macfie Miller wrote:
At the bottom of my garden (the south end) is a Leylandii-type

hedge.

who owns the hedge?

My question, too. Oh, dear. If Rhiannon owns it, then she can do what
she likes, but it may perhaps save a bit of hassle if she does it now.
If you don't own it, I'd suggest getting it sympathetically trimmed
right away: new owners next door can't complain at routine

maintenance.

According to the deeds I have, we have 'sole responsibility' for
maintaining that particular boundary, which I assume means that it's
ours. However, whether the new neighbours know this is another matterŠ

If it's yours, you can do what you like, as long as you don't harm your
neighbour's property. They might prefer the mess to be out of the way
*before* they move in! Perhaps you could ask the estate agents either to
inform them of what you're planning or for their contact address so that you
can tell them yourself.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk