Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
zaax zaax is offline

Default Ranunculus asiaticus ?over winter

clarissa wrote:

Hi I found some of these beautiful bulbs and they are now in full
bloom - in all their glorious colours. My question is - do I have to
store them over the winter as I would do for Dahlia - in a cool place
in peat for example? Our winters can get below freezing for 4 or 5
days now and then but rarely lower than -2 to -4 C.
Thanks for any suggestions. Jean Vancouver Canada

If the frost does not get down to the depth of the bulb I would leave
them in, as we do in the UK.

--
zaax