Old 05-04-2007, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Robert Lorenzini Robert Lorenzini is offline

Default Normal?

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:13:41 -0400, Diana Kulaga wrote:
Bob, it's not a keiki at all. It's simply a new, immature pseudobulb. You've
got two of them. A basal keiki might be found, for example, on a
Phalaenopsis, which does not grow on a rhizome. The plant is doing just what
it ought to do. Be happy!

Ok, we have been calling every new growth a keiki and now I
have to go look up rhizome. :-( I'm looking forward to a
small compot of Neofinetia falcata (I hope I misspelled that
correctly) that I just bought on ebay. I got a friend hooked
and he asked me to bid on .95 plant from the same vendor.
Well surpise he got it and just 2.50 additional shipping.
(Zygopetalum mackayi)

Bob