Old 04-04-2007, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Absence of neighbour: cutting of hedge?

On Apr 4, 7:39 pm, chris French
wrote:
In message , K
writes

chris French writes
In message , Justin Thyme
writes

"

I would not regard a row of Leylandi type trees as a hedge.

It certainly is considered so within the 'high hedges' legislation (but
that doesn't apply AFAIK here, as the OP is in Scotland)
--

When does a group of trees become a hedge?

The legislation defines what is considered a hedge for it's purposes,
basically a line of 2 or more (or maybe more than 2) trees spaced
closely together. You can look it up easily enough if you are interested.

*Evergreen* trees. Deciduous don't count.

Ahh yes, Thankyou Kay
--
Chris French- Hide quoted text -

Chris, how are Helen and the children, it's a long time since we had
that urg meet?

Judith