Old 27-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Todd J.

Default Spanish Bluebells

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:07:37 -0500, spampot wrote:

Todd J. wrote:
Has anyone tried Spanish Bluebells in their garden??? They look like
a good filler for shade/woodland gardens. It looks like they tend to
spread quick maybe even invasive.

I'm in zone 6B.

Thanks

Change the .com to .net to email me

I haven't tried it, but I moved into an old house with a very neglected
garden (I too am in zone 6B, in Maryland; where are you?), and there
were a lot of Spanish bluebells there. But they hadn't spread anywhere
near the amount that the grape hyacinth and daffodils had. My mother in
Alexandria has had them for years, too, and since she asked me for some
of mine, I assume they're not at all invasive. Want some of mine?

I live in Southeast Tennessee on a mountain. Hence the zone 6b. Are
they a pretty flower???? Do they bloom and go away quickly???? Like
tulips???