Old 05-04-2007, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Natural Insect Repellants

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:46:16 -0400, Ann wrote:

Jangchub expounded:

Ann, Janet said the pesticidal properties were in the leaves of the
marigold, which she said was pyrethrum. That is not true, and
inaccurate. It is not a common marigold which produces the pesticide
pyrethrum, but the mum and the pesticide is in the flowers not stems
of foliage.

Yea, V, I saw that further down the thread. I've always known
pyrethrum to be derived from mums, also. A google search does not
turn up any mentions of marigolds producing pyrethrins at all.

After I typed it I figured you didn't finish reading the whole thread.
No worries.