Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Yet Another Strawberry Pot Question

On 4 Apr 2007 18:39:47 -0700, "Tim Howell"
wrote:

About three weeks ago my wife and I planted our first strawberry pot.
We used Miracle Gro potting mix that claims to feed plants for three
months. Is this sufficient to fertilize the strawberries, or do I
need to use something else? I've got some indoor plant fertilizer
spikes. Would those work for the strawberries?

Thanks,

--TWH

If the bag says it will feed the plants for three months, then that's
all you should need. Personally, I wouldn't use potting mix with
artificially derived nutrients because the plant does uptake those and
we ingest them too.

If it were me, I'd just use liquid seaweed as a foliar spray in
addition to the Miracle Grow prills in the mix.